Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stupidest Animal!

Cow's
This weekend I had the pleasure... scratch that the experience in helping brand cattle! Wow want an experience! I have to admit that I did have a blast, even though it was cold, wet, and dirty work and I learned very quickly that cows are the stupidest animals on the earth!

Anyway, my good friend Dynell and her family were branding their calves this Saturday and she invited me out to help! It was crazy! I had a lot of fun but I am now very tired and sore! The job that I did in helping was standing at the squeeze shoot pushing the cattle through it and into another smaller shoot that they used to hold the calves down for branding! Here is a picture of a squeeze shoot.

So I was standing on one side of this shoot pushing them through to the next one! And yes I mean PUSHING them through. The little buggers don't like to move through them so you have to get your arms in there and push...creating very sore arms the next day! :) After all of the calves were branded we ate lunch and got ready for the next round. That being vaccinating heifers (female cows). This is when it got cold and wet! Of course the weather couldn't hold out for us... so it started to rain!

It was so fun and great to see my friend Dynell and her family again and have an experience that I will never forget!